Saturday, February 9, 2008

Birthday!


One last get away before "little bun" comes. For my birthday we went to Muir woods. I really needed to get out of the city and be in nature for a while. If you have ever been to Muir woods you'll have experienced a special natural high from the smell and extra oxygen from the red woods. I love being in the red wood forests. We tried to take the low trails, but a lot of them were blocked off this time of year, so we ended up taking the ocean view trail which kept getting steeper and steeper. We had no idea where it went so we went back. We didn't see any salmon in the creek, but we did see a lot of babies. next time we come back to the forest we'll have a little one ourselves!!!
After Muir woods, we drove to Stinson beach and took a walk along it. It was a gorgeous day! We had never walked along this beach before and found some interesting rock formations which we climbed around. Below is a picture of me in front of one such rock formation. Look at my belly....it's huge. I tried to meditate with the waves so that I can use that imagery while I'm getting my rushes (contractions). It was a great and wonderful weekend. The best birthday trip ever.

No comments: