Sunday, March 23, 2008

No Easter Bun!



















Happy Easter everyone, I'm still pregnant! I honestly never thought I would still be pregnant. Saturday, I went for another non-stress test, and everything was good. The nurses are on strike at my hospital, so maybe that is why little bun is waiting. I'm starting to get very uncomfortable. My mid section is constantly aching, and my hands, feet, and face are very very swollen. I'm glad that I'm swollen though because I'm going to need those fluids to get me through the labor.

Today was a great day. The weather here has been beautiful since the beginning of February, and I'm afraid to brag about it to my mid-western family, but it feels so wonderful! This morning Dorrie came by to check on how we were doing. It was a short visit since we had made plans to go to the beach today. Still it was nice to see her. Above is a picture of me at Baker beach by the golden gate bridge. It's one of the closet beaches to where we live. It was my first time there, and we made it for the high tide. We took a little nap and ate lunch and then Tim read to me some birthing affirmations. It was nice to hear his voice against the pounding of the waves: very peaceful.

We went back to the city and stumbled upon a convenient store with Irish goodies!!! So, I got my Tato's (not my favorite cheese and onion: sold out), some club orange, and a few chocolate treats. What a perfect end to the day.

Tomorrow, I will go to Jeri to get my massage, so hopefully that will push things along. It seems as if I will definitely be induced on Wednesday, but I hope it will not come to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Yes, it was really good to see you in person yesterday, Mandy (and Tim) as you were headed for the beach. Back home I told Dave about your trip to the ocean and Dave and I told stories about how the waves would invite Little bun out. But, ah, still another day has passed. Little Bun is definitely now a spring baby, an after-Easter baby, and more. I can't wait to meet her! We have a book we read to Chenoa called, BABY, COME OUT! Maybe we should dig that out. Love, Dorrie